2020-2021 School Year
Based on a successful experience last year with replacing our school supply lists with a student materials fee, we have decided to continue this for the 2020-2021 school year.
All students Kindergarten to Grade 4 will be asked to pay a $35 student materials fee. This fee is in lieu of parents purchasing school supplies for their children.
What are the benefits?
- Equity: Students will all have the same opportunity to use materials of the same high end quality.
- Collaboration: Using classroom community materials creates an environment to foster collaboration among our students.
- Communication: Again, using classroom community materials creates an environment to foster appropriate communication skills at an early years level.
- Bulk Purchasing: School will be able to purchase materials at a discounted rate.
- No Replacement Costs: At no time will parents be asked to replace lost items or replenish materials.
- Carbon Footprint: We hope to reduce the quantity of materials purchased by sharing classroom community materials.
Students bring to school
Students will need to purchase their own backpack, lunch kit, water bottle, and a pair of non-marking indoor runners. In addition, Grades 3 and 4 students will need to bring a recorder to school.
Student Transfers In/Out:
By the end of each school year, all money will be spent on materials in your child’s classroom.
- Students leaving Elmdale before Nov. 1 will receive a full refund.
- Students leaving Elmdale between Nov. 1 & Dec. 31 will receive a $25 refund.
- Students leaving Elmdale between Jan. 1 & Feb. 28 will receive a $15 refund.
- Students leaving Elmdale after Mar. 1 will not receive a refund.
- Students transferring to Elmdale before Nov. 1 will be asked to pay the fee of $35.
- Students transferring to Elmdale between Nov. 1 & Dec. 31 will be asked to pay $25.
- Students transferring to Elmdale between Jan. 1 & Feb. 28 will be asked to pay $15.
- Students transferring to Elmdale after Mar. 1 can simply bring their current supplies from their previous school.
Please pay on your HSD Parent Portal (preferred) or bring a cheque for $35 payable to Elmdale School at the Meet Your Teacher event on September 8, 2020.