2019-2020 School Year
Based on a successful experience last year with replacing our school supply lists with a student materials fee, we have decided to continue this for the 2019-2020 school year.
All students Kindergarten to Grade 4 will be asked to pay a $35 student materials fee. This fee is in lieu of parents purchasing school supplies for their children.
What are the benefits?
- Equity: Students will all have the same opportunity to use materials of the same high end quality.
- Collaboration: Using classroom community materials creates an environment to foster collaboration among our students.
- Communication: Again, using classroom community materials creates an environment to foster appropriate communication skills at an early years level.
- Bulk Purchasing: School will be able to purchase materials at a discounted rate.
- No Replacement Costs: At no time will parents be asked to replace lost items or replenish materials.
- Carbon Footprint: We hope to reduce the quantity of materials purchased by sharing classroom community materials.
Students bring to school
Students will need to purchase their own backpack, lunch kit, and a pair of non-marking indoor runners. In addition, Grades 3 and 4 students will need to bring a recorder to school.
Student Transfers In/Out:
By the end of each school year, all money will be spent on materials in your child’s classroom.
- Students leaving Elmdale before October 31 will receive a full refund.
- Students leaving Elmdale between October 31 & December 31 will receive a $20 refund.
- Students leaving Elmdale after Jan 1 will receive a partial refund upon request.
- Students transferring to Elmdale before October 31 will be asked to pay the fee of $35.
- Students transferring to Elmdale between October 31 & Dec 31 will be asked to pay $20.
- Students transferring to Elmdale after January 1 can simply bring their current supplies from their previous school.
Please pay on your HSD Parent Portal or bring a cheque for $35 payable to Elmdale School at the Meet Your Teacher event on September 3, 2019