2021-2022 School Year
Based on a successful experience last year with replacing our school supply lists with a student materials fee, we have decided to continue this for the 2021-2022 school year.
All students Kindergarten to Grade 4 will be asked to pay a $35 student materials fee. This fee is in lieu of parents purchasing school supplies for their children.
What are the benefits?
- Equity: Students will all have the same opportunity to use materials of the same high end quality.
- Collaboration: Using classroom community materials creates an environment to foster collaboration among our students.
- Communication: Again, using classroom community materials creates an environment to foster appropriate communication skills at an early years level.
- Bulk Purchasing: School will be able to purchase materials at a discounted rate.
- No Replacement Costs: At no time will parents be asked to replace lost items or replenish materials.
- Carbon Footprint: We hope to reduce the quantity of materials purchased by sharing classroom community materials.
Students bring to school
Students will need to purchase their own backpack, lunch kit, water bottle, headphones in a ziplock bag (earbuds preferred) and a pair of non-marking indoor runners.
Student Transfers In/Out:
By the end of each school year, all money will be spent on materials in your child’s classroom.
- Students leaving Elmdale before Nov. 1 will receive a full refund.
- Students leaving Elmdale between Nov. 1 & Dec. 31 will receive a $25 refund.
- Students leaving Elmdale between Jan. 1 & Feb. 28 will receive a $15 refund.
- Students leaving Elmdale after Mar. 1 will not receive a refund.
- Students transferring to Elmdale before Nov. 1 will be asked to pay the fee of $35.
- Students transferring to Elmdale between Nov. 1 & Dec. 31 will be asked to pay $25.
- Students transferring to Elmdale between Jan. 1 & Feb. 28 will be asked to pay $15.
- Students transferring to Elmdale after Mar. 1 can simply bring their current supplies from their previous school.
Please pay by credit card on your HSD Parent Portal (preferred) or bring a cheque for $35 payable to Elmdale School at the Meet Your Teacher event on September 7, 2021.